**Please note this is a post in our blog from 2019, this information is not current and some events are not taking place currently. Please check our calendar here for current events.**
Poulsbo has so much to offer this time of year. From traditional Norwegian holiday events to shopping stores filled with unique finds. If you want to win Christmas this year, don’t miss a visit to Poulsbo, a one-stop shop for shopping and entertaining this holiday season!
The Don’t Miss List
- November 29th, 2019: Poulsbo Tree Lighting This annual tradition features the lighting of the tree’s surrounding Poulsbo’s Viking at the junction of Viking & Lindvig Way. The event offers cookie & ornament decorating, Christmas carols and a visit from old St. Nick! Follow Santa afterwards to a family-friendly after-party at Hudson Auto featuring free photos with Santa, snacks & drinks. http://www.vikingfest.org/poulsbo-tree-lighting-ceremony/
- December 3rd, 2019: Argosy Christmas Cruise Argosy cruises features a cruise from the Port of Poulsbo featuring stops to listen to the North Kitsap Northern Lights Choir. The first performance is at 6:30 in the waterfront park. Come downtown to view the performance, or check their website for tickets to join the cruise. https://www.argosycruises.com/events/christmas-ship-from-poulsbo/
- December 7th, 2019: Yule Fest The day kicks off with the Christmas Bazaar at Sons of Norway from 10-4pm. There will be 30 vendors featuring Norwegian & Christmas crafts, foods and gifts. Don’t miss the Lefse and a Norwegian lunch downstairs in the Viking Room. Following the Bazaar is the Yulefest festivities in the waterfront park. The Sons of Norway Viking’s will escort the Lucia Bride and light the bonfire followed by the Viking King’s reading of the Winter Solstice Proclamation. An annual tradition, and must to kick off the holiday season!
- December 14th, 2019: Tuba Christmas Join the Poulsbo Tuba Players in the Waterfront Park on Saturday December 14th from 3-5pm. They will playing Christmas songs in the pavilion.
- December 14th, 2019: 50th Annual Lighted Boat Parade Each year, Rudolph (the red nose reindeer) leads Santa through the local waters of Puget Sound with greetings to those along the parade route (Click the link below to view the route). The lighted boats arrive in the Port of Poulsbo a little after 5:00, be sure to get to the waterfront park or other waterfront locations on the route early to get a good spot to view the boats as they pass by! https://www.visitpoulsbo.com/event/50th-annual-lighted-boat-parade/
Ongoing Holiday Events
- November 30th-December 24th, 2019: Meet Father Christmas Meet Father Christmas and snap a photo with him for free Downtown Poulsbo. Father Christmas will be in his house November 29, 30th & December 1st from 11-3pm. Saturdays in December through the 23rd, 11-3 pm. Sundays in December through the 24th. 12 – 3 pm Christmas Eve, 11 -2 pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/historic-downtown-poulsbo/meet-father-christmas/1000295650311265/
- November 30th-December 22nd, 2019: Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides Through Downtown Poulsbo Enjoy a free, festive carriage ride through the historic downtown shopping district of Poulsbo. A fun, family friendly event! While the event is free, they do encourage donations of shelf-stable foods to support NK Fishline.
- NEW! December 6-22nd, 2019: Holiday Carousel
Located in the center of town is the Christmas Carousel, $3 per rider. Available M-Th 3-7pm, Fri-Sun 11-7pm.