It’s Halloween weekend…and there are many frightful things to do!
We’ve compiled some pretty fun stuff, to help you along your way…
- Kitsap Haunted – the area’s best haunted house. Lights on for kids from 5-6p and full scare from 6-11p: Fri, Sat, and Halloween
- Poulsbo Farmer’s Market – enjoy the outdoor market, filled with local farmers and crafters, live music, and on many weekends, enjoy special events! The market happens from 9a – 2p every Saturday through December 17.
- It’s that time of year- join us at the Poulsbo Fish Park for the viewing of the salmon returning upstream. Activities and information for kids of all ages.
- Plants from the Dark Side (part of the Spirits and Spirits Fest event series) – Dan Hinkley, founder of local botanical garden Heronswood, will introduce you to plants that evoke the spirit of Halloween. Prior to the lecture, take a self-guided tour at the Garden. This all happens Saturday.
- A few costume contests and family fun events are taking place this weekend: Saturday morning join the fun at the Halloween Extravaganza, at the Kingston Crossing Complex. Join in for some face painting, massages, music, and more! Then, ON Halloween evening, Café Cocina in Poulsbo, will host a family evening with an opportunity to get a family photo and a costume contest.
- Poulsbo’s Liberty Bay Books will be hosting George Lakey, an Author Event. Stop in at the store to listen to him, as he will be talking about his new book, Viking Economics, How the Scandinavians Got it Right and How We Can, Too.
- Saturday evening brings more Spirits and Spirits fun – in Kingston! The Halloween Glow in the Dark Treasure Hunt is sure to be a blast! Kiddos from ages 5 – 12 should dress up and head into Downtown Kingston for glow in the dark fun!
- Finish out your Saturday with the Spirits and Spirits Adult Costume and Dance Party! From 7-11p at the Clearwater Casino; music, dancing, prizes… all adult fun!
- If that dancing didn’t do you in for Sunday – then get your run on! At the Roots, Rock Run Spooky 12k – there is a kids 1-mile run too! Everyone dress in their best and get ready for some fun through the Port Gamble Trails!
- Monday’s Halloween – and that means there are so many great places to go for some Trick or Treating. Historic Downtown Poulsbo’s merchants will be waiting with lots of treats for your kiddos from 4-6p!
- BONUS event! If you are 16+ and haven’t had enough of a scare, join in on one of Port Gamble’s Ghost Walks. Begin at the Port Gamble Museum; learn highlights of the town’s history, hear about the paranormal activities, and tour some haunted buildings in town!